For Music Teachers
Welcome to our Music Teacher section which we hope will introduce you to PCP and answer most of your questions. If not, please feel free to email the Director of Music. Our Executive Director, JennyB, is comfortable answering non-music questions, if you have those too!
Here are our email addresses for your reference:
Executive Director – JennyB: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directors of Music – Julia Cash: [email protected]
PCP’s Music Program
- Weekly Music Program – Our weekly music program includes coached rehearsals, private lessons, and private practice.
- Daily Schedule – Each morning there are four music periods before lunch which are a combination of lessons, private practice, and coached rehearsals. There are also two more music periods right before dinner.
- Private Lessons and Practicing – One thing that sets Point CounterPoint apart from other music camps is the amount of personal attention in the form of private lessons and coachings that each camper receives. The personal and nurturing attention of Point CounterPoint faculty in the informal setting on Lake Dunmore often creates a special bond between student and teacher. There is a chance that solo music can be addressed, however, our focus is on the pieces they will be performing at camp.
- Final Concert – Students perform their pieces on the final session Saturday concert held at Salisbury Meeting House which is open to the public.
- Faculty Concert – There is a private Faculty Concert held on-campus and previewed with the campers to enhance their understanding and appreciation of the performance.