Application and Auditions
- Enrollment – Our applications are rolling with the bulk of our applications occurring in early winter. After May 1, applications are accepted on an as-needed basis.
- Application Process – the PCP application process consists of 3 parts: online application and fee, an audition video, and Music Teacher recommendation.
- PLEASE encourage your students to accurately complete the repertoire portion of the online application so that we can assign them new repertoire for camp.
- Audition Details – We require two contrasting pieces and 1 two or three octave scale. The audition recording is used to determine placement in a group.
- Audition Videos – Either a recorded audition video uploaded to the online application, or a live audition is accepted. Audition videos should be between 5-8 minutes and can easily be uploaded to your online application.
- Live Auditions – Live auditions are simply an alternative to recorded auditions and follow the same preparation. Please find the timing and locations of our live auditions here. To schedule a live audition, please email JennyB directly at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Music Teacher Recommendation Form – please complete the online, private recommendation form to help us review your student and assign appropriate repertoire. Please let us know any other information that you think will help your student to succeed at PCP.
- Application Notification – Decisions are usually made and emailed within 2-3 weeks ONCE we receive all of the materials. We appreciate your patience.
- Waiting List Protocol – Students are placed on a waiting list when we are still waiting for instrumentation and experience level from other applicants to make good groups. Students will be notified of their wait list status, and will be kept apprised when their status changes.
- Music Sent in Advance – all students receive their music approximately 8 weeks in advance of Prelude. Groups are more successful when each student has been practicing their parts before arrival at camp.
Live Audition Venues:
- Boston – New England Conservatory – March 10
- NYC – Manhattan School of Music – March 10
- Washington DC – Levine School of Music – March 14
- Philadelphia – Temple Music Prep – March 17
- Columbia SC – March 19
- New Haven CT – March 24
Please email Jenny at email@example.com to request an audition time. Live auditions are merely a convenience for families, and an alternative to an audition recording. For audition requirements, see the Application Info page.