Every day there is time for composing, practicing, rehearsing, and spontaneous musical events.
- 8:00 – 9:15 Breakfast buffet
- 9:30 – 10:20 Composition seminar; open rehearsals
- 10:30 – 11:20 Lessons; master classes; open rehearsals
- 11:30 – 12:20 Lessons; master classes; open rehearsals
- 12:30 –1:20 Lunch – family style
- 1:30 – 3:00 All program seminar (faculty & guest artists’ presentations)
- 3:15 – 4:05 Lessons; master classes; open rehearsals
- 4:15 – 5:05 Master classes; ensemble rehearsals
- 5:15 – 6:05 Master classes; ensemble rehearsals
- 6:30 – 7:30 Dinner – family style
- 8:00… Salon concerts, Dance Night, Open Mic Night, Campfires, and other activities
Each evening after dinner, in addition to planned activities, there is additional time for individual composing, practicing, and rehearsing. Other evening options include: sight-reading parties, campfires and s’mores, pickup games, star gazing, an original horror film festival, and local experiences in beautiful, rural Vermont.
“NMOP is a magical place. The concept of ‘coaching from within’ in the student work chamber groups is incredible—it allows the instrumentalists to work alongside the faculty as colleagues and encourages a sense of responsibility in the student instrumentalists that might not otherwise have existed.”
—instrumental participant 2015